Shop Framingham Business Page
It’s no secret that “Shop Local” Campaigns can make a difference in the small business community. These campaigns, which inspire consumers to make their purchases from independent businesses in their area, can generate a clear, positive impact on the local economy. Many of our small Framingham businesses are suffering tremendously right now. Let’s remind residents that we are a strong, inclusive business community who needs them right now.
With that mission in mind, we have created a Shop Framingham Campaign with a variety of graphics and text copy that you may use to promote your business and the campaign to shop within Framingham. You will find the graphics and text copy at the bottom of this page. To support these efforts, please download as many of the graphics as you like and pair them with any of the text selections we have provided. We encourage you to post these on your social media channels, include the graphic and text line below your email signature, feature one in your newsletter or website, print several to display at your business, and mention the Campaign in your next video. To help build momentum, please remember to always use #ShopFramingham when you post. This will also help promote awareness to savvy Framingham residents who will use the hashtag to connect with other businesses supporting our collective effort and we will also invite them to share posts of their proud #ShopFramingham purchases.
Because, above all, our goal is to grow local support for our cherished Framingham businesses, we’d like you to consider taking this one step further by agreeing to partner with another local company by sharing at least one of their social media posts on one of your pages. If you provide us with your basic contact information, we will help to strategically pair your business with another that also supports this effort. We hope to have enough interest to connect companies with complimentary focuses to promote one another mutually and beneficially. For example, it would make sense for a local tire company to cross-promote their support with an insurance agency or a car dealership. Apart from just publicizing the campaign, this would allow your business to be seen by an entire new set of followers. After this initial post, you may want to swap posts again with same company or decide to partner with another business by contacting us. We ask that you agree to one post only and determine then if you would like to commit to more. The choice is yours and the Framingham sky’s the limit! If you are interested in supporting this partnering campaign please fill out the contact form below.
Please share this page and its resources with any other local small businesses that you know in Framingham. The more companies that join, the more potential we have to make this a success for your business and help our Framingham community to recover faster.
Join us to grow back a stronger and healthier Framingham together!
Do you have a question or comment about this initiative? Send us an email at ShopFramingham@theCornerCabinet.com.
Copy and paste any of the text copy below to include in posts for your social media channels, include with a graphic in your email signature, feature in your newsletter, website, and mention in your next video. Do you have other ideas of how to use this information? Share your ideas with us at ShopFramingham@thecornercabinet.com.
Statistical Text Copy
- For every $100 you spend at locally owned businesses, $68 will stay in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 at a national chain? Only $43 stays in the community. #ShopFramingham
- Over $9.3 billion would be directly returned into our economy if every U.S. family reallocated just $10 a month to a local business. Imagine if we reallocated even more to small local businesses! #ShopFramingham
- Small businesses with fewer than 500 employees account for 99.7% of all US employers. #ShopFramingham
- Local businesses donate 250% more than large businesses to community causes. #ShopFramingham
- Small businesses employ 58.9 million people, including your friends and neighbors. #ShopFramingham
- Local business generates 70% more local economic activity per square foot than big box retail, which means shopping at a Framingham small businesses directly fuels our local economy. #ShopFramingham
- 28% of small business owners are immigrants. Let’s celebrate the diversity that Framingham offers. #ShopFramingham
- 56% of the work force at locally owned businesses have high commitment scores.
- Shipping products produces 1 billion metric tons of C02 a year. Breathe that statistic in for a moment. Shop local whenever possible. #ShopFramingham
- 48% of overall growth of US business ownership is attributed to immigrant business owners. Celebrate the diversity of Framingham. #ShopFramingham
- 25% of local businesses have closed because of low sales or limited cash flow. You can help by making your purchases at local, small retailers and service providers. #ShopFramingham
- 73% of consumers trust a local business because of positive reviews. If you’re a are a purchaser that receives a review request, this is a great way to support your favorite local business. #ShopFramingham
- 61% of people shop at local businesses because of their unique product selection. #ShopFramingham
What happens when you “shop local’? Text Copy
- What happens when you “shop local”? You create local jobs. Local business create higher-paying jobs for your neighbors than large mega-retailers and national chains. When you shop locally, you jelp create jobs for teachers, firemen, police officers, and many other essential professions. #ShopFramingham
- What happens when you “shop local”? You put your tax dollars to work for our community. Supporting local businesses creates tax income for Framingham’s infrastructure, maintenance, and beautification. Also, spending locally ensures your sales tax dollars are reinvested locally. #ShopFramingham
- What happens when you “shop local”? You help the environment. Buying from a locally owned business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation to less packaging. #ShopFramingham
- What happens when you “shop local”? You get expertise. The owners and workforce are your friends and neighbors, and these businesses have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you well. They’re passionate about what they do. Take advantage of that #ShopFramingham
- What happens when you “shop local”? You nurture community. Local businesses get to know you, and you know them. Studies have shown that small businesses appreciate every sale and therefore you get a higher level of service. #ShopFramingham
- What happens when you “shop local”? You embrace what makes Framingham unique. You wouldn’t want your house to look the same as everyone else’s, so why would you want your business community to look that way? #ShopFramingham
Why shop local in Framingham?
- Why shop local in Framingham? Simply put, there’s no comparison. It’s intimate. It’s personal. And it feels good.
- Local shopping statistics indicate that, competitively, main street’s true foes are actually big-box stores including Costco, online retailers like Amazon, and large brick-and-mortar retailers like Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart and Target. You can help by buying from a locally owned retailer whenever possible. #ShopFramingham
- Consumers flock to large corporate competitors because of low prices and the large selection of products available—usually at the expense of local businesses. #ShopFramingham
- Local businesses are at the heart of US communities, and with the rise of mega-retailers, many towns have organized to back their local stores. Show the small business community in Framingham that you care by making a local purchase and sharing it to raise awareness. #ShopFramingham
- Local businesses generate a greater investment back into their local community, with higher commitment from their workforce, and even more sustainable environment practices. #ShopFramingham