Bathroom and Kitchen Cabinet Showroom FAQ
At The Corner Cabinet, we’ve done our best to create a website that anticipates and satisfies your needs. With that goal in mind, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions, forms, and information that will help guide you through the process. If you do not find an answer to your question here, please contact us at 508.872.9300 or email@example.com. We are happy to answer any question you have.
Do I need an appointment?
You do not need an appointment to come in and browse our showroom. If one of our salespeople is available, we are happy to meet with you. If you would like undivided attention, then please call us at 508.872.9300 to set up your free, no-obligation appointment. Or click here to schedule an appointment online. There is no fee for this in-store design appointment.
Does The Corner Cabinet install my cabinets?
We are not in the business of installation, but we have a close relationship with the best installers in the area, and therefore we can help coordinate your installation. If you select your own contractor, we are also happy to work with you and them to provide all the information and coordination necessary to complete your project.
It is helpful if you are prepared with rough measurements, pictures or clippings that inspire you, and photos of any current issues in your current design that you would like to remedy or change. Spend some time thinking about how you want your new space to function for you and what your storage needs are. The rough measurements should include calling out any plumbing, electrical or gas connections, window and door placement, and ceiling height. Final measurements will be done later by either our salesperson or your contractor, but your initial measurements will help us get started on a design.
Planning and Measuring. Because no two of us operate the same way, and some people prefer more detail and others less, we’ve included multiple links here for planning and measuring. The first gives you a step by step guide on how to measure a room for cabinets. The other two include graphs for your measurement and questionnaires. Both of these cater to the kitchen, but the same concept applies if you are measuring your bath, laundry room, or any other space. Look at both guides and decide which you prefer.
What will my initial appointment consist of?
Your initial appointment will consist of a showroom tour to look at and differentiate between the different product lines, styles, materials, and finishes. We’ll take time to understand the scope of your project and collect any initial information you bring with you. Also, think of this meeting as an opportunity to interview both the salesperson and our company. You want to be comfortable and confident with the designer you choose to design your space.
How do I create a budget for my project?
When creating a budget, keep the following suggestions in mind:
- Educate yourself on the average cost of a remodel. A rule of thumb is to not let your kitchen-remodeling budget exceed 15% of your home’s fair market value.
- Plan your budget for a 10% overage in case there are unexpected expenses that occur.
- To avoid fit and function issues, talk with your designer about any major appliances you want to purchase before you finalize the design, since they will impact the overall measurement of the room. We’ll need access to measure existing appliance if you are reusing or written specification on new appliances you are purchasing.
- Work closely with your designer to understand the cost differences between the various types of materials, door styles, and finish techniques. We can help you determine which aspects of your cabinetry selection and design are fixed versus variables, based on the selection you make.
- To scale back financially, ask yourself if all of the features are necessary. However, bear in mind that what you might not miss now could be an essential feature months or years later. To avoid future disappointment, include as much functionality as you truly need as early as possible in the design process. This is especially true of storage solutions that need to be put in place when the cabinetry is being installed. If you need to make concessions, choose things that you are able to add at a later date if you feel you still want the option after using your new design.
- Try this helpful budget calculator tool offered courtesy of our partner Decora.
What is the typical lead time for a project?
The amount of time it takes to install in a project varies greatly based on the amount of work that needs to be done. If walls need to be knocked down or additions need to be built, your contractor will be the person in control of this schedule. Therefore, the contractor’s availability is also a large factor. We can, however, tell you what to expect when it comes to ordering and installing your cabinetry. The following is a typical timeline for replacing your cabinets:
1–6 weeks for planning and design — This is the period of time it takes to get proper measurements, create a plan, decide on your cabinet style and finish options, and then finalize the budget for your project. Again, this varies greatly depending on the scope of your project and the pace you set for your decision making.
1–8 weeks to cabinetry completion — Depending on your cabinets of choice: stock, semi-custom, or custom the lead time will vary. Generally, on average from the day your order is submitted, it takes 4 – 8 weeks for the cabinets to completely be made to specification. A general average is 4 – 5 weeks, some higher lead time specialty products are 8 – 10 weeks and other stock options are available within days.
2–5 weeks installation — This amount of time can vary widely depending on the other things that are going on in your space during your renovation. However, when your space is fully ready to receive the cabinets, the project can be completed easily within 2 – 5 weeks.
When is payment due and what forms of payment does The Corner Cabinet accept?
A 50% down-payment is due at the time of order, with the balance due prior to delivery of the product. We accept Cash, Check, or the following major credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
I have a broken cabinet hinge on a cabinet purchased from The Corner Cabinet, what should I do?
Many of the hinge manufacturers that supply hinges for the cabinets we sell offer a limited lifetime warranty on them. This warranty is available to the consumer only. As the cabinet dealer, we are unable to order no charge replacements. Here are the instructions on how you can identify and replace your broken hinge(s).
Hinge Replacement Instructions